Sunday 5 October 2008

raya sakan. asyik makan.

raya raya raya.
balik kampung straight from kl.
sampai je. all my cousins dah ada.

then all the preparations start lah kan!!
my favourite.

anyam ketupat!
it's a skill that i'm very proud of.
my cousin, abg amir and i saw this show on tv.
where they had to anyam the ketupat. and win rm100.
and we were saying how if we entered we could have won.
haha. perasan shit both of us.but betul whaaaaaaaat. kan?


nice kan the ketupat?
ahem ahem.
SEE THE LEG LAH KAN??
or in this case..
SEE THE HANDS LAH KAN!!!
hahaha.
i can do three types ok!
ketupat satay. ketupat pasar (which is the one in the picture) and ketupat bawang.
thank you to pak cik and mak lang for teaching me!
heheh.
have to show gratitude ma.
apparently there's another one. ketupat jantung.
i made it last year!
but i forgot how already. hehe.

while i was ketupat making.
the ayam kejar-ing ceremony went on.
haha. lawak man dengar they all kejar the chicken.
then right after that, sembelih. then..........
the moment they've all been waiting for.(not likely)
FEATHER PLUCKING!!!!
here's how it goes.


mak cik will rendam the chicken in hot water.
mind you this is AFTER the chicken is dead ok?
dont want to be reported for animal cruelty pulak.
all this adalah sah di sisi undang undang ok.

then.


here is my two lovely cousins, a'an (the one on the left) and arif (the other one)
gloriously mencabut bulu ayam.
hahaha. a moment to cherish.
ariiiiiiiiiiiiif....tangan bau ayam lagi ke?
:D


here they are concentrating hard on their job.
making sure that none of us choke on the chicken's feather.
super a'an and his sidekick arif to the rescue!

ok2. enough teasing the young ones.
teee heee.
next stop.
lemang time..
to those who do not know what lemang is.
*coughmonicakaiwencough*

this is what lemang looks like.


yep. this is how it looks like masa tengah bakar lah obviously.
i dont have a picture of what it looks like on a plate.
but just imagine lah right.
it circular in shape, got a thin piece of daun pisang around it.
but you have to take away the daun pisang.
jangan makan pulak daun tu.
ish.. budak2 zaman sekarang ini.

so i helped perahing the santan for the lemang.
at first the santan bag takda.
so i had to perah use my hands.
haha.
then makcik immediately sewed one bag.
then adalah the santan bag.
with the amount of santan we perah-ed, i think i gained some muscles.
whoop whoop.


here's zahir filling the buloh with the concoction of lemang which is santan and beras pulut.
i think.


and his brother Amin.
this little dude cracks me up. such a happy little kid.

then macam biasa lah. RENDANG TIME!!!

in the kitchen. gotong royong masak- memasak.
my grandma. and my maklang.
and tu tepi tu dak anis.
nak senyum senyum pulak.
apo kono ko jang?!
haha. she's a great cousin.
i always curi rendang from her plate :)
o0. look at my grandma's feet.
hahah.
grandmothers.

then ini.
for all those yang tak duduk kampung.
macam nilah masak rendang.
pakai kayu api.
apparently the asap makes it good.
hehehe.


dendeng daging in the making.


rendang on the left. dendeng on the right.
behind there is actually the reban ayam.

then after everything is ready,
malam dah.
apa lagi....mercun time.
hahaha. but sorry. no pictures of the beautiful fireworks that went on at night.


pelita.


these are my adik-adik buaian.
hahah
from left. azra, anis, umairah and husna.
anis ni pandai jugak posing eh.


ni lah minah2 kecil that i love.
look at anis's fingers.
merah gila right?
the power of inai. *inspirational music comes on*
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

then here's the bujang2 kecil yang main mercun.


look at all the asap.

then we watched drama on tv. *in case some ppl didnt realize lah kan its tv drama...winkwink*
the whole time in my kampung.
asyik tengok draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaama je.
memang best lah watch with my cousins and all.
at night. barely slept. to watch all these stories.

then the next day.
apa lagi?
RAYA!!!

bermaaf-maafan.
salam-salaman.
makan.
ziarah-menziarahi.
DUIT RAYA!!!


part of the angpau packets.
hahah.
money money money.
is that all you think of?

it was amazing really.
at our own house.makan.
neklong's house. makan.
nekngah's house.makan.
maklong faridah's house.(our neighbour) MAKAN.
maklang sipah's house.(my dad's cousin) MAKAN.
pak unggal's house. (my dad's cousin) MAKAN!!
tok busu abu's house. (my atuk's brother's house) MAKAN LAGI!!!!!!!!!

sigh.
I LOVE RAYA.
lemang.rendang.dodol.ketupat.dendeng.acar.lontong.drinks loaded with sugar.food loaded with oil.kuih.cake.
I LOVE RAYA!!!!


me and dad.

the familia. kebaya year, man!

hahaha.
well.
all in all.
selamat hari raya to everyone.
maaf zahir batin.

~sarahP~
the dougsterized one


p.s. anis! sorry lah akak asyik ambik rendang anis.
lepas tu lupa nak remind anis.
heheh. nanti raya ke-9 nanti akak call.
hehehe. astro ria!!!!

6 comments:

LittleMissSpaz ;) said...

OMG LEMANGGGGGGGG :D SEDAPNYEEEEE :P HAHA LIKE I'VE TRIED BEFORE *ROLLS EYES* KAN YOU KNOW SOME PEOPLE DIDN'T BRING BACK FOR ME. OH WELL! :P

LOL KEBAYA! YOU LOOK SO NICE! AHA!

PS/ that's *whispers* aunty nash. HAHAHAHHAHA *sarah bursts out laughing* :P

Monica said...

oi! I know what lemang is la!! I didn't know what lontong is!!! get your facts straight woman!! don't make me look bad! LOL :P :P

I spot many green packets!
*chuckles evilly*
and that is only part of the stash?? *wiggles eyebrow* I must come to your house one day. not to snoop around your room.. no no no. to.. er, visit you and your family O=D cause I miss you guys so much kan :D :D I mean, I already feel like I live in your house and all *giggle* of course I miss you guys bunches!! :D :D :D

*sings* I see a lady in yellow.. ooooooooOOOoooH :D :D

why aren't there any pics of you plucking the chicken??

hahahhaha :P :P

Shahira Shafie said...

OMG! your kampung is so cool!
you guys did everything!
kejar ayam, bakar lemang.

we all, ayam and lemang bought punye.
SO COOL!

sarah said...

heheh.
my kampung is the bomb!!

heheh.
all the kejaring and plucking and bakaring all i didnt do pun.
credits all to my cousins.
lemang dia sedap gila!!

anyway.
you guys better come my house tomorrow, eh.
hahaha. mon will be here to greet you. since she feels like she"live in my house d kaaaaaan."

lol.
kidding lah mon.

Monica said...

LOL
ok wth I shouldn't be laughing.

yeah I'll be at the front door handing out leaflets of the house's floor plan. there's directions to sarah's room, for those who wanna have a little party of our own *wink*
hahahhah


joking lah sarah :P :P

MEIYEN said...

Omgsh so niceeee! How come we don't have kampungs to balik to during Chinese New Year? :\ Oooh, where are all the kuih raya? :D :D